Ti Consulting - Delivering In-depth and High Value Results
Ti Consulting specialises in tailored solutions for the transport and logistics industry. We provide bespoke analysis for many of the world's leading transport and logistics providers, manufacturers, consultancies and banks including in-depth market, competitor or attitudinal intelligence, based on primary and secondary data collection
The types of projects we have covered include:
Mergers and acquisitions
- Assistance with corporate strategic planning and acquisition strategy
- Research into companies operating in defined markets
- Identification of likely targets meeting the acquisition criteria
- Reviewing the publicly available information on the targets
- Assistance with due diligence e.g. reviewing the integrity of business plans, testing financial models plus assessing trends in the market and how they impact on the target companies' prospects.
- Assembling data on comparable listed companies and purchases/sales of comparable companies
- PESTLE analysis
- Market tracking through economic/industry indicators
- Cost tracking
- Market sizing/forecasts
- Assess impacts caused by macro-trends e.g. globalisation, out-sourcing, economic etc
- SWOT analysis
- Operational/service/product profiling
- Financial ratio analysis and benchmarking
- Rate tracking
- Developing sales target criteria
- Industry sector analysis/client needs assessment
- Client target list identification
- Customer/supplier perception studies
- Operational analysis
- Organic/acquisition development options
- Product development
- Industry sector profiling
Market surveys specialist
Many of the projects which we have undertaken involve face-to-face, telephone or electronic surveys – or indeed a combination of all three – depending on the client's needs.
Sometimes the only way to achieve the necessary levels of market or competitor intelligence is to conduct interviews in-country and our consultants have travelled to markets as wide ranging as Mexico, Vietnam, Japan, Russia and Jordan to undertake such projects. Their extensive industry knowledge allows them to build relationships with their interviewees, probe deeply and gain high levels of value from each interview.
When large scale surveying is necessary, we are able to provide multilingual/foreign language researchers using CATI-enabled workstations, managed and quality controlled on a day-to-day basis by our Senior Consultants. Smaller telephone canvassing projects are run in-house.
If a quick market overview is required, then an electronic survey may be best suited. Our experience of developing questionnaires and a database of 25,000 industry executives allows us to gain market intelligence in a very short time scale.
The types of survey we have conducted include:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Brand awareness
- Attitudinal, usage and perception
- Gap analysis
- Competitor Intelligence
- Employee feedback
Ti Consulting has developed a reputation for undertaking and completing projects to the highest standard and within tight time lines in sectors and geographies right across the global transport and logistics sectors. Here are just a few:
- European logistics company – Mergers & acquisitions strategy formulation, Europe
- Express parcels company – New market entry evaluation, Middle East/North Africa
- US logistics company –Client targeting and profiling, China
- Global consumer goods manufacturer–Competitor distribution strategy profiling
- Major transport equipment leasing company –Strategy review, Europe
- Global express company– Competitor / market tracking
- Middle Eastern logistics company – distribution warehouse location
- Private Equity Company – due diligence, West Coast NVOCC
- Hedge Fund – automotive spare parts market assessment
- Freight forwarder – West African market entry analysis
John Manners-Bell MSc FCILT, Chief Executive
Over twenty years experience in the global logistics industry both with operators and consultancies. Researched and travelled extensively – India, China, Japan, USA as well as Europe. Advisor to World Economic Forum, European Commission and UN. Regular contributor to Radio & TV, Financial Times, Economist, national media and trade press.
Joel Ray BA MCILT, Head of Consultancy
A career dedicated to strategic consultancy and corporate development in the logistics industry, including a period as strategic manager with a European Post Office. Particular expertise in distribution property, express logistics and assisting different vertical sectors developing their logistics strategies. Extensive travel and research in Middle East, India and Asia.
Thomas Cullen MSc, Chief Analyst
Thomas is a widely respected writer and has been analyzing the global logistics market for over 15 years. He has edited a number of international publications and written for most of the leading trade publications in Europe. He has written several in-depth reports on a variety of subjects including Automotive and Chemical logistics.
Cathy Roberson, Senior North America Analyst
Cathy is an experienced professional in knowledge management, combining an in-depth understanding of the supply chain industry with extensive market intelligence skills. Before being appointed Ti's Senior Analyst she spent several years at UPS Supply Chain Solutions as a marketing analyst within the Freight Forwarding group.
Mark Millar, Head of Operations, Asia Pacific
With vast experience of the mainland China market, including executive positions at Exel and UPS SCS Mark has unrivalled expertise in the Asia logistics market. He is a regular speaker at conferences throughout the region.
The first step...
Ti can develop a methodology based on your predetermined project brief or assist in formulating the brief, based on various time and budgetary constraints.
Typically, we will meet you to discuss your precise requirements, suggest any areas where improvements / enhancements can be made and then develop a research programme best suited to your needs.
To find out more about Ti Consulting please contact
Mike Nordmann, Business Development DirectorTel: +44 (0) 1793 850025
Joel Ray, Head of Consulting, Tel: +44(0)1666 519900